Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
By the Unofficial Patch Project Team
Download it from AFK Mods
Download it from Skyrim Nexus
Download it from TES Alliance
Download it from Dark Creations
Download it from The Assimilation Lab
Requires Skyrim version 18.104.22.168.8 or greater and the official Dragonborn DLC.
USKP Discussion Forum on AFK Mods
This mod is an effort to fix the vast amount of bugs currently existing in Dragonborn. If you're experiencing a bug with Dragonborn, please report the bug to us in as much detail as possible on the USKP bugtracker. Please use search to ensure that you aren't submitting something that is already there. Use the "Dragonborn DLC" option to tag your report for Dragonborn. Please also confirm that the bug you are reporting happens with no mods other than the unofficial patches installed. A lot of Skyrim bugs are actually the result of other mods doing things they're not supposed to. Thank you and we hope you have a better Skyrim experience!
(Note that all fixes are retroactive unless otherwise noted)
Frequently Asked Questions - BUGS
Frequently Asked Questions - About the Project
Mods which the unofficial patches have made obsolete.
- Reverted changes to DLC2dunInstrumentsAbFX due to making the "ghost drum" invisible. The effect can still be removed at the shrine in Whiterun if it outlasts the spell.
Game Mechanics Fixes
- The North Wind power (DLC2StandingStoneWindSpell) was assigned the wrong effect entry which resulted in it displaying the wrong UI data. (Bug #15013)
- Nordic and Stalhrim axes will now be properly adjusted in the Limbsplitter and Hack & Slash perks. (Bug #13120)
- The Ignite spell (DLC2Ignite) is never added to the formlist of spells that can set off gas traps (TrapGasMagicDrawn).
- Due to template inheritence issues, Krosulhah was not properly being portrayed as a serpentine dragon as he should have been. He also lacked the appropriate properties to allow for dragon heart scale harvesting. (Bug #15062)
- Ash Hoppers that can amush you from underground did not play an amush sound upon digging out. A new sound marker has been created and added to the sound property on the DLC2EncAshHopperAmbush record. (Bug #14950)
- Bralsa Drel incorrectly refers to Neloth as a "her" in both the audio and subtitle text. (sound\Voice\Dragonborn.esm\DLC2FemaleDarkElfCommoner\DLC2TT1_DLC2TT1SkoomaYes_00019595_1.fuz) (Bug #15002)
- DLC2SV02AncarionChest did not have the master trader perk gold added.
- After completing Unearthed (DLC2dunKolbjornQST), the excavation site is supposed to clear up once you're far enough away. The script controling this was incorrectly polling the alias on Ralis when it should have been polling a static object at the site. This resulted in the possibility that the registered update would fail to be renewed, leaving the quest open forever. (Bug #14987)
- Neloth's random hello if you agreed to be his test subject for the silence spell would still play even if you had told him you weren't interested. (Bug #15022)
- Completing A New Debt (DLC2TT1b) by paying the money or killing Morgul does not stop his thugs from chasing you down because DLC2WE11 is not terminated if it's running. (Bug #15020)
- If all 5 Black Book quests are completed (DLC2BlackBook03Quest, DLC2BlackBook04Quest, DLC2BlackBook05Quest, DLC2BlackBook06Quest, DLC2BlackBook07Quest), the Madman encounter (DLC2WE06) will be prevented from starting in the Story Manager since the 6th one is in a location DLC2WE06 cannot send you to. (Bug #15019)
- The objective to collect 10 Scathecraw for the Rieklings at Thirsk does not clear when you bring it back and instead was waiting until you agreed to help attack the Nords.
- Bralsa Drel has a line in Reluctant Steward (DLC2TT1) meant to be said if the player is carrying skooma but it could not play due to bad conditions.
- During Served Cold (DLC2RR02) if you confront Tilisu Severin in the open the objective to set her as being recognized will not be set even though it should have been.
- Aeta is adoptable via the Hearthfire DLC if her parents are killed but she will have dialogue indicating she needs to get back to her village even after moving to Riften. She will only use this dialogue now for as long as she's actually on Solstheim.
- DLC1DunStatueHitSCRIPT, DLC2SummonAshGuardianActorScript commented out unnecessary trace statements. (Bug #15134, Bug #15135)
- DLC2HMDaedraDeathScript compiled file was forgotten for the UDBP 2.0.1 update. (Bug #15109)
- DLC2_PF_DLC2MQ06MiraakFakeSho_02034814 unnecessary trace statements. (Bug #15084)
- DLC2AshSpawnAttackScript checking arrays beyond the index boundaries. (Bug #15083)
- DLC2_QF_DLC2dunFrostmoonQST_0201F9E6 no sanity checking for validity of optional aliases. (Bug #15081)
- DLC2_QF_DLC2TTR2_0201C06E no sanity check for the lack of a map marker at the location. (Bug #15021)
- DLC2dunHaknirProgressiveCombat needed a delay inserted to allow enabled actor to acquire AI processes. (Bug #14976)
- DLC2_QF_DLC2TT1_02017E8D reversed the calls for moving and then killing Varona Nelas due to moving dead bodies being unreliable.
Placement/Layout/Ownership and other World Object Fixes
- 03024F43: Urn blocked by a collision box. (Bug #14985)
- 0303c84c, 0303c84d: Ingots not positioned properly on a table. (Bug #14978)
- 030208d0, 030208d2, 030208d3, 03038e94, 03038e95, 03038e94, 03038e95: Rieklings not set to their proper enable parent causing them to respawn even after Thirsk is taken back for the Nords. (Bug #14977)
- 0301EE21: Firepit with invalid enable parent setting. (Bug #15082)
- 03028c91, 03028cbb: Button and fire trap had their activation parent settings reversed. (Bug #13278)
The complete changelog is available here.