Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
By the Unofficial Patch Project Team
Download it from AFK Mods
Download it from Skyrim Nexus
Download it from TES Alliance
Download it from Dark Creations
Download it from The Assimilation Lab
Requires Skyrim version 22.214.171.124.8 or greater and the official Dragonborn DLC.
USKP Discussion Forum on AFK Mods
This mod is an effort to fix the vast amount of bugs currently existing in Dragonborn. If you're experiencing a bug with Dragonborn, please report the bug to us in as much detail as possible on the USKP bugtracker. Please use search to ensure that you aren't submitting something that is already there. Use the "Dragonborn DLC" option to tag your report for Dragonborn. Please also confirm that the bug you are reporting happens with no mods other than the unofficial patches installed. A lot of Skyrim bugs are actually the result of other mods doing things they're not supposed to. Thank you and we hope you have a better Skyrim experience!
(Note that all fixes are retroactive unless otherwise noted)
Frequently Asked Questions - BUGS
Frequently Asked Questions - About the Project
Mods which the unofficial patches have made obsolete.
Previous Threads: Thread #1, Thread #2, Thread #3
- The load screen mesh altered to fix the environment mapping erroneously had the SLSF_Skinned set, causing it to go blank. (Bug #13944)
- DLC2_QF_DLC2MQ01_02017F8E added an IsRunning check to make sure a previous fix to this script wasn't trying to restart a stopped quest. (Bug #14880)
Game Mechanics Fixes
- Navmesh issues in Highpoint Tower make rescuing Niyya difficult since she was having a hard time navigating the stairs. (Bug #13294)
- Several visual effects and shaders which can be erroneously attached to the player should now be prevented from doing so. In addition, an object has been added in the Temple of Kynareth to enable the removal of any effects which manage to bypass our protections. (DLC2BurntSprigganParticlesE, DLC2AbFXHMDaedra, DLC2AbAcolyteDragonPriestScriptAttach, DLC2ExpSpiderFireCloakMEffect, DLC2ExpSpiderShockCloakMEffect, DLC2ExpSpiderPoisonCloakMEffect, DLC2ExpSpiderFrostCloakMEffect, DLC2AbFXGuardianAsh, DLC2dunKolbjornRingNecromancyAbilityEffect, DLC2dunInstrumentsAbFX, dlc2MKMiraakRobeAbilityEffect, DLC2AshSpawnSelfEffect, DLC2MiraakFakeEthereal)
- Bristlebacks were erroneously set to not respawn. There is no in-game justification for this. (Bug #14929)
- DLC2RR01DeadGuard was mistakenly templated to a respawning NPC which would cause the corpse to respawn when it shouldn't. (Bug #14922)
- DLC2LvlRieklingMissileAmbushBarrel was missing the assignments for the explosion and faction properties. (Bug #14986)
- Crescius Caerellius does not run his eat package because it's blocked by his sleep package.
- Neloth's Ring of Tracking (DLC2TT2EnchNelothsRing) should not be disenchantable. It was set to a template item when it should not have been. (Bug #14834)
- Several books had no object bound size which interferes with bookshelf placement. (Bug #14701)
- DLC2Book4RareGuardianAndTheTraitor had an incorrect weight of 2 instead of 1 like all other books. (Bug #14980)
NIF Mesh and Texture Fixes
- The Nordic Greatsword was incorrectly being displayed on NPCs as a single handed weapon. (meshes\dlc02\weapons\nordic\nordicgreatsword.nif) (Bug #13187)
- Riekling tents had bad collision that caused objects to be blocked when trying to pick them up. (meshes\dlc02\architecture\riekling\dlc2rieklingtent02.nif) (Bug #13251)
- Z-Fighting along the top portion of the Bloodskaal Barrow puzzle door. (meshes\dlc02\dungeons\nordic\animated\templeentrancepuzzle01\templeentrancepuzzle01.nif) (Bug #13654)
- Clipping issues with the arms and groin on the female Nordic Carved Armor have been resolved. (meshes\dlc02\armor\nordiccarved\nordiccarvedcuirassf_0.nif, meshes\dlc02\armor\nordiccarved\nordiccarvedcuirassf_1.nif) (Bug #11936)
- The temple priest robes were missing the weight slider _0 meshes. Changes were also required on the _1 meshes to match, as well as enabling the female weight slider via TES5Edit. (meshes\dlc02\clothes\temple\templepriestf_0.nif, meshes\dlc02\clothes\temple\templepriestf_1.nif, meshes\dlc02\clothes\temple\templetorso_0.nif, meshes\dlc02\clothes\temple\templetorso_1.nif) (Bug #13006)
- In The Chief of Thirsk Hall (DLC2MH02), if you first bring Bilgemuck back to the Rieklings and then later turn on them, Bilgemuck is stuck hanging around the mead hall for no apparent reason. (Bug #14953)
- A rumor at the Wretching Netch about the Rieklings could not be played until the quest had already been started, even though it's supposed to be what actually starts it. (Bug #14791)
- After The Gardener of Men (DLC2MQ05), the body of Krosulhah is never cleaned up.
- Miraak is supposed to have a few taunts based on the number of dragons you've killed but his dialogue is referencing the wrong tracking variable. (Bug #15014)
- Miraak's final battle scripts do not initalize themselves reliably based only on him changing combat states. This will now be forces in stage 400 of DLC2MQ06 to avoid errors that can result in the battle malfunctioning or causing unexpected instability.
- Cultist road encounters that may still be running needed to be terminated upon Miraak's death.
- DLC2MQ06MiraakBossBattle was misusing the size of its sprint targeting list, causing occasional spam during Miraak's battle. (Bug #14938, Bug #14937, Bug #14936)
- DLC2MQ06MiraakBossBattle also had a separate bug where it was attempting to call an unattached alias script that wouldn't work even if it had been attached since it uses AddPerk. (Bug #14935)
- DLC2EbonyWarriorPlayerScript was attempting to make the player start combat with himself due to an incomplete statement. (Bug #14962)
- DLC2SummonDremoraMerchantScript needed 3D checks before running shaders. (Bug #14969)
- DLC2HMDaedraEffectScript needed 3D checks before running shaders. (Bug #14932)
- DLC2TribalWerebearScript needed 3D checks before trying to cast spells. (Bug #14911)
- DLC2ApoWaterDamageAMEScript attempts to unregister updates from already destroyed effect instances. (Bug #14890)
- DLC2HMDaedraEffectScript attempts to make use of a death effect shader that was never created. (Bug #14889)
- DLC2AshSpawnConstantFX needed 3D checks before running shaders. (Bug #14887)
- DLC2StandingStoneFX converted to an OnLoad event because OnCellAttach is proving to be entirely unreliable. (Bug #14827)
- DLC2HermaeusMoraFaceFXSCRIPT lacked sanity checks in the unload block. (Bug #14627)
- dragonActorSCRIPT began throwing errors when calling RegisterDragonAttack for some reason if the location is a None, even though RegisterDragonAttack had a check in it to take care of that. (Bug #13922)
- DLC2FXInsturmentsSummonSCRIPT needs a 3D check before running animation commands. (Bug #14970)
- DLC2RieklingBarrelAmbushScript converted to an OnLoad event because OnCellAttach is proving to be entirely unreliable. (Bug #14910)
Placement/Layout/Ownership and other World Object Fixes
- 05023a15: Covered over a landscape gap with a rock. (Bug #14917)
- 0302C0CD, 0302C0CC: Placed fish objects that should not have the critterFish script attached. (Bug #14886) [NR]
- A large number of weapon racks in Severin Manor that were used as backplates were fixed so the scripts on them will not fire all the time and consume precious resources when entering the house.
- A previously unknown hidden weapon rack in Ashfallow Citadel has been dragged out and given an activator.
- 03036268: Weapon rack in the Bulwark not linked to its activator.
- DLC2ThirskFFHilundQuestStartBranchTopic: "that would make it easier on me." -> "that would make it easier." [subtitle does not match audio] (Bug #14945)
- DLC2DRRRumorsBranchTopic: "assassins living among us" -> "assassins living amongst us" [subtitle does not match audio] (Bug #14805)
- DLC2RRNetchScene002: "bourdon" -> "burden" (Bug #15006)
- DLC2RRAnyLocScene008: "your" -> "you're" (Bug #15006)
- DLC2RRLetterDinyaHouse01: "Dinja" -> "Dreyla" [two occurrences, wrong name] (Bug #15001)
The complete changelog is available here.