About This File
A simple mod to expand on the crafting system in Skyrim.
The crafting system is one of Skyrim's better features, but for thieves and archers, there's not much use for the system. Light armor is dead easy to come by in already finished forms, but arrows can sometimes be scarce in the types you may want. Lockpicks have been known to be somewhat scarce too, yet are relatively basic to construct.
Ars Metallica aims to fill in some of the basic issues I had with the crafting system by doing the following:
For vanilla Skyrim:
* Allow archers to forge their own arrows out of the various ore materials, wood, leather strips, and feathers. Indirectly making it somewhat useful to chop wood too.
* Allow thieves to make their own lockpicks out of iron or steel. This doesn't mean you have to be a member of the Thieves Guild.
* Provide skill advancement for the use of the smelter to melt down ore. After all, that's as important as knowing how to shape it once refined.
* Provide skill advancement for the use of the tanning rack to make leather. That's far more important in my mind than the skill advances from using the leather to make stuff.
* Provide for a small amount of skill advancement from mining the ore itself out of ore veins.
* Provide the ability to melt down existing pieces of armor and some clutter items into ingots so that you can then use those ingots to make missing pieces of a set if you want.
* Allow members of factions to forge equipment appropriate to their guild. Thieves can make guild armor. Assassins can make Brotherhood armor. Legionnaires can make Imperial armor, and so on.
* Modifies the dragonbone arrow recipes and the crossbow bolt recipes to conform to the same formulas as vanilla. Disabled Dawnguard's native recipes.
* Provides smithing experience for using the various workbenches used to construct your homes. The drafting table does not count since nothing is actually built using it.
* Modifies the stalhrim and nordic arrow recipes to conform to the same formulas as the vanilla arrows.
* Adds smelting formulas to recover ore from stalhrim and nordic carved equipment.
* Adds crafting feathers to the Felsaad Tern.
Note that all smelting of metals requires that you know the perk associated with that metal. For example, if you wish to smelt Dwemer scrap, you need to know the Dwemer Smithing perk first. This applies not just to smelting existing goods but also to smelting raw ore. This isn't a bug, it's a feature.
My Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/arthmoor
What's New in Version 2.0.4
Scrapping an Elven Dagger was returning too many ingots of Quicksilver. (Bug #25026)
Scrapping a Steel War Axe was returning more steel than what it took to make it. (Bug #25379)