zilav

[WIPz] TES5Edit

1557 posts in this topic

Can xEdit the break dialogues after renumbering formids (witb injection in master) of topic and copying in this master? I am merging plugins with manual changing formids, copying, renaming voice files with new id. XEdit don't find errors, but in game all dialogues with player not work. 

2 hours ago, elderscrollerr said:

Can xEdit the break dialogues after renumbering formids (witb injection in master) of topic and copying in this master? I am merging plugins with manual changing formids, copying, renaming voice files with new id. XEdit don't find errors, but in game all dialogues with player not work. 

xEdit is a tool like a hammer for example, result depends on who uses it and how.

If you moved topics into another plugin you also need to change the path of voice files which depends on the plugin's name, changing FormID is not enough.

I just want to confirm what I did is correct.

Downloaded the latest TES5Edit then unpack it into a new folder with the same name as the archive then copy the TES5Edit.exe into the same folder and rename TES5Edit.exe to this.  I hope I did it right.

• TES5LODGen.exe
  • SSEEdit.exe
  • SSELODGen.exe

Thanks for the new TES5Edit zilav! :horkercookie:

1 hour ago, zilav said:

xEdit is a tool like a hammer for example, result depends on who uses it and how.

If you moved topics into another plugin you also need to change the path of voice files which depends on the plugin's name, changing FormID is not enough.

I know, i wrote in post "...renaming voice files with new id". I just thought, maybe xEdit have bugs with topic structure handle, because can't find my error. If xEdit work fine with topics means i made error, anyway. Will try one more time.

14 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I just want to confirm what I did is correct.

Yes.

12 hours ago, elderscrollerr said:

I know, i wrote in post "...renaming voice files with new id". I just thought, maybe xEdit have bugs with topic structure handle, because can't find my error. If xEdit work fine with topics means i made error, anyway. Will try one more time.

There are no known bugs associated with topics handling in any game.

23 hours ago, elderscrollerr said:

Depending on which game you're modding (Skyrim / FO4 / SSE for sure, dunno for older ones), you might need to regenerate the .seq file for the plugin you merged everything into, in order to have digalogues working reliably if they're hosted in a "start game enabled quest".

1 hour ago, Kesta said:

Depending on which game you're modding (Skyrim / FO4 / SSE for sure, dunno for older ones), you might need to regenerate the .seq file for the plugin you merged everything into, in order to have digalogues working reliably if they're hosted in a "start game enabled quest".

Thanks. i know about .seq, "start game enabled", "run once".... etc. Today or tomorrow will work with dialogues at mods merging again, will see. Game is SSE