I just finally broke down & bought Morrowind + Tamriel Unlimited. Complete "noob" here, the only MMO I ever got into was Star Trek Online. @Lorelai or others, can you recommend a good guild for newcomers if you guys don't want fresh meat like me mucking things up in the AFK guild?

Hardly anybody is playing that is in the AFK Mods guild right now. Seems like mostly Lorelai, Shroob, and sometimes myself (at least for the time being). I don't think anybody would have a problem with you joining it; it's just that there likely won't be very many members online. We'd need to know your ESO user name though to add you.

As far as other guilds go, I don't know about any good ones specifically for new people. I'm in two trading guilds but have no idea when they recruit people. They're called Red Nirn Reserve and The Mercantile (if it matters). Most people in those seem nice enough, but I don't really participate in anything in them except trading.

Oi, there's different guilds just for trading? Sheesh, I really need to read up on this game. I just jumped in head first for about 6-8 hours of game time before realizing I was pretty lost. LOL I like the open exchange system they have in STO (Star Trek Online). My first and only real experience with MMOs. there, everybody can access a "market" and post things up for sale, regardless of affiliation. I guess I thought it worked that way in other MMO's. Thanks BlackPete. I'll get some knowledge & experience under my belt, then maybe I'll be of more use to you PrinceShroob & Lorelai. Hey, at least we're in the same time zone! :) (You and I, anyway)

People on the ESO forum have been asking for a global auction house for eons to break the stranglehold guild vendors have on things. I think they really need to do this with one auction house in each of the alliance capitals. It would be a welcome addition to the game for those of us who don't play enough to maintain a trade guild membership and don't have a guild of our own large enough to have a vendor stall.

I think that's an excellent idea too. It is hard to maintain membership in a trade guild since most have some rather strict rules such as not being inactive for more than 7-10 days and many also require that you contribute in-game funds to the guild or that you sell a certain amount each week.

Also @RavenMind -- I sent you an invite with the username @RavenMind1 and it appears to have gone through although I can't be certain.

Just recently started playing this... After finally reading it isn't so bad now compared to launch. I got the Gold Edition($30) on steam with the Morrowind Chapter($20) and Clockwork City for $15 plus the 500 bonus crowns you get with an account.

... so all in all I have roughly paid a full 60 ish for the game. At this point I am not sure if I will spend anymore, but just have been enjoying the content/lore so far... so we'll see...

Anywho I keep getting requests for all kinds of join this or that guild. Most of which are im assuming MMO player types and probably are TES virgins. I would prefer at least playing with modders or TES enthusiasts who have some sort of brains about the stuff.

My handle is @Metallicow so ping me in game to join the afkmods guild or who should I contact that is still current?

Edit: I am on the PC NA server.

mooo

Gold Edition is definitely a good value these days.

I don't honestly know who in our guild is still actively playing because I haven't been in the game in at least a couple of months. Really ought to do something about that though since I still haven't finished Clockwork City.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/396598/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-3-6

Implemented some fixes and improvements to ensure more consistent load times, and reduce the frequency of long load screens.

• Note: This was largely found when loading into Vvardenfell and Clockwork City since the last update.

Seems like this has been a consistent issue all over the place for a long time. :peer:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/399086/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-3-8

Resolved the animation, health, and effects-related desync issues introduced in the previous incremental patch.

:huh: Didn't notice that, but it sounds bad.

Fixed an issue where some of your group members would appear to be invisible after going to an instanced area.

Fixed an issue where some player characters and NPCs would initially appear to be invisible when first loading into an area.

@JayCrane was talking about this. Apparently it's fixed now even though it's been a problem for a very long time.

Fixed an issue where you could encounter an infinite loading screen after logging back in from a disconnection.

This also seems bad.