Leonardo

Bethesda.net is now live, new forums coming soon

167 posts in this topic

Bethesda . com is now a gonner ...

http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/342-bethesda-forums-–-we’ve-moved/

waily! waily! waily!

(although there are still forums open at this time, I think that link is the start of the end, note there are no longer any individual "Forumname - Weve moved" entries, just the one declaring the whole Bethesda Forums has http://forums.bethsoft.com/)

Eh, I'm still logged in and everything looks normal. I'm sure that can change in an instant.

Have fun over there, people.

The forum is officially locked down now. No more new posts. The first shoe has fallen.

Yes. One can still login, but there is a "You cannot reply this topic" at the top of every thread to remind us of our predicament!

Well don't expect to see me on the new forums as I can't stand them. I really will miss the old forums, they were fun times.

J C likes this

What the hell is going on Bethesda.net?  Has Bethesda a hacker attack in progress?

Just after I had submitted a post I got a message pop up saying that the forum had just been updated, click here to update to the latest version.  Which I did and now I get a 502 Bad Gateway error.  WTF?

A few minutes before this happen I got a couple of server errors e.g 502, 503 to mention those errors I got.  Is there anyone here who have no problem visiting Bethesda.net without getting an error for various reasons?

Site's working fine for me. I am amused every time they say it was updated though because nothing ever seems to change and they don't tell us what they're doing.

I know I use "Bethesda.net is now live, forums coming soon" for the topic tiitle, but after a quick visit there I must say even if Bethesda.net is online and running it seems pretty much lifeless to me.

So what's the point to even bother visiting Bethesda.net.  I miss the old forum even if IPS 3.x had bugs I do miss it. :(

So...

Where is everyone now? :(

Really sad to see the old forums gone. The new ones feel very commercialized and there seems to be very little activity there. I have been out of the loop for a while because my computer died, and after that I had a trash computer that couldn't run Skyrim. Finally got a nice new top-end rig, but now I can't find any of the old modding crew.

Did everyone just give up? Or did they all regroup on some forum somewhere? I do hope the latter...

13 minutes ago, egocarib said:

So...

Where is everyone now? :(

Really sad to see the old forums gone. The new ones feel very commercialized and there seems to be very little activity there. I have been out of the loop for a while because my computer died, and after that I had a trash computer that couldn't run Skyrim. Finally got a nice new top-end rig, but now I can't find any of the old modding crew.

Did everyone just give up? Or did they all regroup on some forum somewhere? I do hope the latter...

I think some of the old veteran modders thought that this is it, "I will probably take a hitaus for the time being" or they just finish their modding project.  But like you I think that most modders and mod users become more active on other forums like Nexus.

Lots still hang here, or perhaps moved back to Nexus. Pretty much scattered, I'm not aware of one specific place everyone went.

Feel free to find us on our Discord channel (link on main page) for random chats.

Yep, we all more or less scattered. Those of us with sites up already have likely just gone there, as we mostly did here. I'm actually not aware of anyone prominent who's using Nexus or Reddit as a primary discussion area for their work.

I really don't think Bethesda has any idea just how much people valued the old forum with the old IPB software and how much those same people simply can't stand the new garbage. It's fractured the community in ways that hasn't been seen since the Morrowind days when the major modding site of the time collapsed and send everyone scattering.

Thanks for the insights, folks. I suppose I'll have to find some new niches.

Have to say I'm also disappointed to see that no one ever fixed the long-broken search functionality on the old forum... which is so sad, because there are years and years of incredibly helpful stuff on that forum, that are now lost to modders. It's basically like wiping out 5+ years of modding insights and discoveries. I wish they'd at least allow Google to crawl through that stuff or something..

On 2017-06-03 at 9:15 PM, Arthmoor said:

I really don't think Bethesda has any idea just how much people valued the old forum with the old IPB software and how much those same people simply can't stand the new garbage. It's fractured the community in ways that hasn't been seen since the Morrowind days when the major modding site of the time collapsed and send everyone scattering.

I agree.  Bethesdas doesn't seem to care about their community, espcially not now since spammers has started to appear on Bethesda.net.

I've already reported 3-4 posts and I bet this spamming thing aren't going away easily not without a fight from Bethesda.