Arthmoor

[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch [UFO4P]

@Sclerocephalus

Fix for #22285 on my Google Drive.

I'm linking here because for some reason I can not sign in to Tracer.

List of corrected NIF's.

Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailCircleCustom01.nif
Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailCurveL01.nif
Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailCurveR01.nif
Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailHalfCircle01.nif
Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailHalfCircle02.nif
Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailHalfCircle02Short01.nif
Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailShiftL01.nif
Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailShiftR01.nif

You probably need to do a password retrieval because I upgraded the tracker's encryption.

I've logged over 1000 hours in this game and just came upon this issue -- maybe others already knew this. Was building some machinegun turrets in a newly acquired settlement and in Workshop mode it showed that I had exactly enough resources to build a turret. Only problem was that it didn't 'build' (didn't appear in faded green). This usually happens when you don't meet the perk requirements or don't have the resources, but the pop-up window clearly showed that I had everything I needed. So following a little experimentation today I discovered the problem was that the workshop was trying to use Knight Varham's holotag to make the turret (it shows as having 1 steel). But because it's a quest item the game wouldn't let it. That holotag shows up in the Misc tab, not in the Junk tab.

I don't know if this is a new issue with the most recent version (CC version) or if it's been there all along, but you may consider addressing.

That sounds like an expected protection against losing a quest item. Something we are not going to correct for without being very sure that the item does not need to remain one for some reason.

19 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

That sounds like an expected protection against losing a quest item. Something we are not going to correct for without being very sure that the item does not need to remain one for some reason.

Hmm - true, this is not a bug. But is it possible to exclude all quest items (they are marked as such, and the mark can be deleted, but often is not) in the workshops search for resources? Because this would not touch quest items and avoid false results.

No, the protections for this sort of thing are handled at the engine level. The only thing that could be done would be to remove the quest item from its alias, and as I said, that's not something we're prepared to do without knowing for certain if the item can even be safely removed from it.

Hi Arthmoor,

Is it still ok (safe) to play with the latest UFO4P patch after the latest update/patch from Bethesda? I guess so, since there weren't many (any?) game changes but I just wanted to verify before I continue playing. Thanks!

^ There are some changes made to the Fallout4.esm file, some CELL records changed don't know why tho.. But I doubt it will cause incompatibility.

Edit: Also looks like this new update broke file sorting, all esp files will always be sorted after esm files so it means that current UFO4P will we sorted after all esm files which will cause conflicts with many esm mods.. Thanks Beth :-/

Thanks for the info so far. UFO4P is the only mod I am using right now so the sorting issue shouldn't be a problem for me at this point (still hope Beth will fix this of course). An update from Arthmoor would be welcome, maybe with a tentative date for the next patch release....it's been a while ;-)

I just noticed this while inspecting the patch for an eventual french translation :

DLC01RETravelSC02, DLC01WorkshopRobotAttack01, DLC01WorkshopRobotAttack02, DLC01WorkshopBotRaiderAttack01, DLC01WorkshopBotRaiderAttack02 : UFO4P sets these quests names in German (fingerprints from Sclero, eh ? :P ), I suppose it isn't even displayed ingame.

On 9/3/2017 at 3:43 PM, Arthmoor said:

No, the protections for this sort of thing are handled at the engine level. The only thing that could be done would be to remove the quest item from its alias, and as I said, that's not something we're prepared to do without knowing for certain if the item can even be safely removed from it.

Couldn't you simply remove the scrap value from Knight Varham's holotag (and any other similar quest items) so that it doesn't scrap into anything?

On 19.4.2016 at 12:25 AM, Arthmoor said:

WorkshopParentScript: Array out of index error corrected. (Bug #22514)

That should be 'Array index out of range error'.

Plus, the fix for #20799 should be flagged NR.