Sign in to follow this  
fireundubh

[xEdit Script] Generate Tags for Wrye Bash/Mator Smash (Updated)

I have updated my Generate Tags for Wrye Bash/Mator Smash script for xEdit.

The purpose of this major refactor was to improve performance and maintainability.

• Barring any issues, the v1.6 script now processes USLP more than a full minute faster than v1.5.1.2.
  • You can also choose whether to output a log of successful bash tag tests.
  • Fallout 4 support will be implemented when Mator Smash is ready for that.

Let me know if you encounter any errors.

Changes

• v1.6.1.0: Improved performance and maintainability; removed flags lookup table; added more information to "no tags suggested" report; and overall reduced USLP processing time by 5-6 seconds
  • v1.6.0.0: Major Refactor: Improved performance and maintainability; and overall reduced USLP processing time by more than a minute

Performance Comparisons

v1.6.1.0: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

Processed Records: 36481, Elapsed Time: 01:12

v1.5.1.2: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

Processed Records: 36481, Elapsed Time: 02:25

The xEdit exception dump isn't useful to me. What would help is the xEdit messages log, assuming you had logging enabled. This log is written to the file system whenever xEdit is closed. Forgot where.

A type mismatch exception on Line 1708 suggests there is an issue with my AddLogEntry function, but I don't see what unless something changed about xEdit's FullPath function.

I can't test this myself because I currently have no Bethesda games and nothing related to them on my system.

At the "Do you want a log of successful bash tag tests?" prompt, which option are you selecting?

If you are clicking No, please click Yes, and share the log.

If you are clicking Yes, please click No, and let me know what happens.

Is there something like this for SSEEdit?  I have found it quite useful.  I tried this script but it doesn't work correctly.

Wish I could help, but since taking another job in the game industry, I don't have any free time.

On 09/11/2016 at 6:42 PM, fireundubh said:

Wish I could help, but since taking another job in the game industry, I don't have any free time.

Maybe you can just answer this basic question - I used your script in FNV according to the F&L guide, where you're told to run it for every single plugin in the mods tab. Is this a general procedure you should use for any beth game, specifically skyrim? Will this not defeat the purpose of having bashed tags as a way to resolve conflicts in the load order? I mean, if all plugins have all possible bash tags, won't they simply get patched according to the load order, meaning no real patch at all? 

I can answer that one: it is for every game, and as far as the Bash tags go for the Bashed patch, they help the patcher make decisions independent of load order for special cases.

Not all mods can have appropriate records for Bash tags because they are for specific kinds of records that are of interest to the Bashed patcher/Mator Smash.