Arthmoor

[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

183 posts in this topic

I still haven't seen it in SSE, but I haven't played it much. I often saw it in Oldrim, until I installed a SKSE plugin specifically designed to fix it. "HDT sitting height fix" if I remember right.

lmstearn likes this

It seems I found a quest bug, because this quest can be done in either way.  But if the player get a book first the quest won't start.  I made a normal save before I took the book and if that save is needed then let me know.

large.20170605192936_1.jpg.caaec882db76a69180226fb32bf5edaa.jpg

large.20170605195249_1.jpg.6c8a66445f8f94a3c851a687a0fa4b22.jpg

EDIT:  I just checked in-game, if I take the book from the Waterlogged chest the quest won't start.  This is the first time I could pick up a quest item without starting a quest in Skyrim and it reminds me about how it is in Morrowind.

So i did a bug report a few days about a bug with Skyrim SE and USSEP; whereas NPC's get confused on what dialogue to use when they kill an enemy. They sometimes decide to use "Must've run away", which really completely kills the immersion. BlackPete wasn't able to reproduce it and closed the issue on the bug tracker, while me and other people has had the bug happen before, but also couldn't reliably reproduce. The author of Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul says it has been reported as a vanilla Skyrim SE bug not specific to any mod.

Now since it's an issue with combat AI, putting a save where the bug happens is pointless: Reloading the save and killing the enemy again doesn't guarantee it to happen again.

It seems like this is an engine bug specific to Skyrim SE(it has never ever happened to Skyrim LE, even with the same mods installed), and i hope it is fixable in one way or another(i highly doubt it though). 

Sorry to here the news (I think I am a bit late to notice this) that Brumbek is retiring from modding.

Did he ever give a list of his meshes which were purely fixes?.

I ask because his SMIM permissions are now free to use.

I don't recall that he ever listed specifically which ones were purely fixes. Maybe he did but they're buried in his changelog. If so, at some point we'll find them and see if we've already taken care of them or not.

I just read the changelog on Nexus and I think you're right alt3rn1ty Brumbek has retired from modding.  Although, I find it a little odd that the changelog only encompass SMIM 1.99 to SMIM 2.04 nothing else is listed on Nexus.

Lastly, I found this line for SMIM 2.01. This might indicate that he was going to to retire from modding.

-Wrye Bash Wizard installer file no longer supported since it's too much work for very few users. Apologies.

Maybe Beermotor's intrests of creating BAIN Wizards is a good idea to extend a bit and let SMIM once again have a BAIN Wizard. :)