Jump to content
WrinklyNinja

[RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

Recommended Posts

Hi.

I'm playing Skyrim (old). I added a mod just now (with NMM), and moved it up in the load list. When I then run LOOT I get the same bug message. My Skyrim plugins.txt is not set with read only. LOOT worked fine yesterday when I did a validate game files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Geir said:

Hi.

I'm playing Skyrim (old). I added a mod just now (with NMM), and moved it up in the load list. When I then run LOOT I get the same bug message. My Skyrim plugins.txt is not set with read only. LOOT worked fine yesterday when I did a validate game files.

Please attach your debug log.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today LOOT stopped working for me for some reason. It's giving me an "Oh no something went wrong" error.

My current version is 0.12.3 (just updated today actually), all firewalls are OFF (and loot has an exception anyway, even if they were on).

I just updated NMM to 0.64.1 (and lost my load order in the process - now NMM thinks there are no mods installed!) - might this have something to do with it?

Debug log attached.

LOOTDebugLog.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ContentConsumer said:

Today LOOT stopped working for me for some reason. It's giving me an "Oh no something went wrong" error.

My current version is 0.12.3 (just updated today actually), all firewalls are OFF (and loot has an exception anyway, even if they were on).

I just updated NMM to 0.64.1 (and lost my load order in the process - now NMM thinks there are no mods installed!) - might this have something to do with it?

Debug log attached.

LOOTDebugLog.txt

Looks like issue #882, several people have reported it in the last few hours, I'm not sure what the cause is yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also having trouble with LOOT. It will no longer sort the load order, on old Skyrim. It states that there is no master list present.

 

I enclosed three pictures as to what it is telling me and the pics are in order. The last one is the bug message info.

I even went so far as to un-install the game itself, re-installed the game and SKSE for old Skyrim, and installed 12 mods from Steam. I then installed LOOT and started the game through Steam.

I also started the game through the SKSE installer, and still LOOT is not showing a master list present and keeps giving me the error code. 

 

EDIT: Just so you know, it is also doing it on Oblivion, and Skyrim SE although I am presently playing on Old Skyrim.

Link to Settings.toml   ---   https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxth1krpbarnvpp/settings.toml.txt?dl=0

Link to settings.yaml   ---   https://www.dropbox.com/s/62a4q77f94swcyl/settings.yaml.txt?dl=0

 

loot.PNG

loot 2.PNG

Loot 3.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOOT has blocked communications for me too. Can't sort plugins.

DebugLog.txt

[01:13:16.642038] [warning]: Blocking load of resource at https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Mono:400,700|Roboto:400,300,300italic,400italic,500,500italic,700,700italic
[01:13:49.828936] [error]: Exception while executing query: Git operation failed. Details: -17; unknown certificate check failure: libgit2 error
[01:13:49.828936] [error]: Chromium console message from http://loot/ui/js/handlePromiseError.js at line 14: Error: Oh no, something went wrong! You can check your LOOTDebugLog.txt (you can get to it through the main menu) for more information.
    at onFailure (http://loot/ui/js/query.js:43:16)

Hope this helps sort things out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ashleyclark said:

I am also having trouble with LOOT. It will no longer sort the load order, on old Skyrim. It states that there is no master list present.

 

I enclosed three pictures as to what it is telling me and the pics are in order. The last one is the bug message info.

I even went so far as to un-install the game itself, re-installed the game and SKSE for old Skyrim, and installed 12 mods from Steam. I then installed LOOT and started the game through Steam.

I also started the game through the SKSE installer, and still LOOT is not showing a master list present and keeps giving me the error code. 

 

EDIT: Just so you know, it is also doing it on Oblivion, and Skyrim SE although I am presently playing on Old Skyrim.

Link to Settings.toml   ---   https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxth1krpbarnvpp/settings.toml.txt?dl=0

Link to settings.yaml   ---   https://www.dropbox.com/s/62a4q77f94swcyl/settings.yaml.txt?dl=0

 

loot.PNG

loot 2.PNG

Loot 3.PNG

I'd expect to see an error logged, you may have opened the debug log too early (try closing LOOT first).

2 hours ago, Geir said:

Sorry. This is a recent log:

 

LOOTDebugLog.txt

 

1 hour ago, shayna_lynn said:

LOOT has blocked communications for me too. Can't sort plugins.

DebugLog.txt

[01:13:16.642038] [warning]: Blocking load of resource at https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Mono:400,700|Roboto:400,300,300italic,400italic,500,500italic,700,700italic
[01:13:49.828936] [error]: Exception while executing query: Git operation failed. Details: -17; unknown certificate check failure: libgit2 error
[01:13:49.828936] [error]: Chromium console message from http://loot/ui/js/handlePromiseError.js at line 14: Error: Oh no, something went wrong! You can check your LOOTDebugLog.txt (you can get to it through the main menu) for more information.
    at onFailure (http://loot/ui/js/query.js:43:16)

Hope this helps sort things out.

 

These are both also issue #882.

44 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Almost looks like one of GitHub's SSL certs is dead or something.

Yeah, everyone reporting the issue seems to be on Windows 7, so I also suspect an OS update (or lack of one to add a new trusted root certificate).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WrinklyNinja said:

I'd expect to see an error logged, you may have opened the debug log too early (try closing LOOT first).

 

These are both also issue #882.

Yeah, everyone reporting the issue seems to be on Windows 7, so I also suspect an OS update (or lack of one to add a new trusted root certificate).

Yep, I'm on 7. I'll run windows update and see if I can find anything. I haven't had anything since like a week or two ago. 

EDIT:Yep There's a netframework update and an optional net update. Installing now. Will report back when it's done.

Edited by shayna_lynn
new info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went into where LOOT is located under user and find this file   ---   https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdne4685f4byij8/LOOTDebugLog.txt?dl=0

There are also these files   ---   https://www.dropbox.com/s/wk0cygpqjqd8z09/CEFDebugLog.txt?dl=0

                                      ---   https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxth1krpbarnvpp/settings.toml.txt?dl=0

                                      ---   https://www.dropbox.com/s/62a4q77f94swcyl/settings.yaml.txt?dl=0

 

I hope this helps. I am also on Windows 7 and I checked for updates for my pc and there are none.

 

EDIT: I also noticed that in the appdata/local/LOOT/Skyrim file there no .gif file and no masterlist.yaml file. I went into appdata/local/LOOT/Skyrim Special Edition and they are there so I copied over the .gif file and the masterlist.yaml file and at least LOOT will now sort the files for old Skyrim, yet will not tell which files need cleaning. It also gives the same error messages as I posted above.

I hope that helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ashleyclark said:

I went into where LOOT is located under user and find this file   ---   https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdne4685f4byij8/LOOTDebugLog.txt?dl=0

There are also these files   ---   https://www.dropbox.com/s/wk0cygpqjqd8z09/CEFDebugLog.txt?dl=0

                                      ---   https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxth1krpbarnvpp/settings.toml.txt?dl=0

                                      ---   https://www.dropbox.com/s/62a4q77f94swcyl/settings.yaml.txt?dl=0

 

I hope this helps. I am also on Windows 7 and I checked for updates for my pc and there are none.

 

EDIT: I also noticed that in the appdata/local/LOOT/Skyrim file there no .gif file and no masterlist.yaml file. I went into appdata/local/LOOT/Skyrim Special Edition and they are there so I copied over the .gif file and the masterlist.yaml file and at least LOOT will now sort the files for old Skyrim, yet will not tell which files need cleaning. It also gives the same error messages as I posted above.

I hope that helps

That debug log doesn't appear to contain anything other than what happens if you open LOOT then immediately close it. There's no indication that any error has occurred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WrinklyNinja said:

That debug log doesn't appear to contain anything other than what happens if you open LOOT then immediately close it. There's no indication that any error has occurred.

 

I tried the fix that was posted and that the link was given to and it worked just great!!

There was a post here   ---   https://github.com/loot/loot/issues/882   ---   and the person who posted, kjm8812 posted a link for a quick fix.    ---   https://files.fm/u/vhtj7yns

After running the fix, LOOT now works great and is back to running for me.

Thank you for all the help in the matter. It is good to know that someone is there is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ashleyclark said:

 

I tried the fix that was posted and that the link was given to and it worked just great!!

There was a post here   ---   https://github.com/loot/loot/issues/882   ---   and the person who posted, kjm8812 posted a link for a quick fix.    ---   https://files.fm/u/vhtj7yns

After running the fix, LOOT now works great and is back to running for me.

Thank you for all the help in the matter. It is good to know that someone is there is needed.

Though for any future readers, it might be wiser to prefer the official fix installer from Microsoft over Registry tweaks uploaded by just another person on the Internet. Then again, you're running my software, so :shrug:.

It looks like there's no reasonable way to fix this through code, so I'll be adding that fix as a dependency for Windows 7 users.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At Nexus : Moved old 0.12.3 to old files, Updated the file and main version at Nexus with 0.12.4, appended changelog (Fixes and Changes).

Newly uploaded file has a clean bill of health across the board from VirusTotal results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems we were both on the case at the same time alt3rn1ty, mixing our efforts. I'll fix the doubled changelog, add missing notes to the description and add a new pinned post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pStyl3 said:

It seems we were both on the case at the same time alt3rn1ty, mixing our efforts. I'll fix the doubled changelog, add missing notes to the description and add a new pinned post.

:) OK but the changelog double has already been done (I thought I had a nexus quirk of some kind with the new site)

Edit : Forgot to mention I did a test download too, no problems so if people have issues downloading its not a cache or upload issue .. Its probably their connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everything's okay now over at Nexus.

Also, great job regarding the new version wrinkly. :) And I'm all in for testing LOOT with large load orders (starting next weekend, the coming week will be stressful), even extrem, over the top load orders :P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, alt3rn1ty said:

At Nexus : Moved old 0.12.3 to old files, Updated the file and main version at Nexus with 0.12.4, appended changelog (Fixes and Changes).

Newly uploaded file has a clean bill of health across the board from VirusTotal results.

 

41 minutes ago, pStyl3 said:

It seems we were both on the case at the same time alt3rn1ty, mixing our efforts. I'll fix the doubled changelog, add missing notes to the description and add a new pinned post.

As always, thanks for the work you two do maintaining the Nexus page and responding to the thread there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also had the issue with TLS 1.2 not being activated in my Windows 8 system. The little .reg file from user kjm8812 helped me and now LOOT is all working again (updated to 0.12.4). Thank you WrinklyNinja for all the hard work you keep doing with LOOT:unworthy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hello, unfortunately, I am still having problems getting this to work.  I am running Windows 7 64 Bit.  I have the latest 12.4 version installed after uninstalling the previous release (and making sure all the old folders were removed).  I also installed the easy fix thats been floating around.  I get the same chromium console message and the google api blockage message that everyone was getting.  I have attached the Lootdebug file.

 

                                                                                   PB

LOOTDebugLog.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PolkaBoy said:

 

Hello, unfortunately, I am still having problems getting this to work.  I am running Windows 7 64 Bit.  I have the latest 12.4 version installed after uninstalling the previous release (and making sure all the old folders were removed).  I also installed the easy fix thats been floating around.  I get the same chromium console message and the google api blockage message that everyone was getting.  I have attached the Lootdebug file.

 

                                                                                   PB

LOOTDebugLog.txt

It looks like you just need to update your masterlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Support us on Patreon!

×