WrinklyNinja

[RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

8 hours ago, coldcell said:

Possible bug report

I'm using Audio Overhaul Skyrim and RealisticWaterTwo. There is a patch by AOS for RWT, but LOOT puts the patch above RWT while RWT is sorted as last. This made the patch useless since it's above RWT. As a result the in-game sound of waterwall is extremely loud. I manually put the patch below RWT every time I need to sort.

Other than that, LOOT works great.

Thanks!

Please provide the specific plugin names if you want metadata to get added.

5 hours ago, oSloRSIsTeRI said:

With the latest masterlist, I had a cyclic error on a build I had already been running, but could not find what had changed in the masterlist to result in this.

I solved this by adding to "My Home Is Your Home.esp" a load after "RealisticWaterTwo+-+Verdant+Patch.esp" tag.  I am still learning the master list, so any education on what happened would be helpful.

Are you using a dev build or the latest release? Please upload your debug log, that'll give the details of what's happened.

1 hour ago, WrinklyNinja said:

Please provide the specific plugin names if you want metadata to get added.

Are you using a dev build or the latest release? Please upload your debug log, that'll give the details of what's happened.

I removed my custom metadata rules and reran to generate the error.  Debug log attached.  I am using Dev Build loot_0.12.5-15-g0388f4f_update-cef Version 0.12.5 (build 0388f4f5)

LOOTDebugLog.7z

OK, it looks like "RealisticWaterTwo+-+Verdant+Patch.esp"  should get put into the same group as RealisticWaterTwo.esp (or My Home Is Your Home.esp moved into a later group), because it has RWT as a master but is in the default group, so MHIYH tries to load after it while also loading before RWT. This may be a general problem though, where patches to plugins in late-loading groups cause cycles with plugins in in-between groups, I need to have a think about whether there's a general solution that's intuitive and doesn't involve adding the patches to the late-loading groups...

On 17/04/2018 at 11:23 AM, coldcell said:

Possible bug report

I'm using Audio Overhaul Skyrim and RealisticWaterTwo. There is a patch by AOS for RWT, but LOOT puts the patch above RWT while RWT is sorted as last. This made the patch useless since it's above RWT. As a result the in-game sound of waterwall is extremely loud. I manually put the patch below RWT every time I need to sort.

Other than that, LOOT works great.

Thanks!

It's because Audio Overhaul Skyrim 2 realistic water patch does not have RWT as a master, because it does not require it.

Edit: New meta-data rule has been submitted.

6 hours ago, cptmcsplody said:

It's because Audio Overhaul Skyrim 2 realistic water patch does not have RWT as a master, because it does not require it.

Edit: New meta-data rule has been submitted.

And I've merged it, so that issue should be fixed now.

On 17/04/2018 at 8:47 PM, oSloRSIsTeRI said:

I removed my custom metadata rules and reran to generate the error.  Debug log attached.  I am using Dev Build loot_0.12.5-15-g0388f4f_update-cef Version 0.12.5 (build 0388f4f5)

LOOTDebugLog.7z

On 19/04/2018 at 12:29 AM, WrinklyNinja said:

OK, it looks like "RealisticWaterTwo+-+Verdant+Patch.esp"  should get put into the same group as RealisticWaterTwo.esp (or My Home Is Your Home.esp moved into a later group), because it has RWT as a master but is in the default group, so MHIYH tries to load after it while also loading before RWT. This may be a general problem though, where patches to plugins in late-loading groups cause cycles with plugins in in-between groups, I need to have a think about whether there's a general solution that's intuitive and doesn't involve adding the patches to the late-loading groups...

I've filed loot/loot-api#22 to track the general case of this issue.