Sign in to follow this  
JayCrane

[WIP] Wayshrines - Remnants of a Forgotten Era

This project is a fork of Wayshrines of Old  with the intention of being simpler in design but a few handpicked features from the source.

Exclusively for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition. See more about this below.

What is the difference between the two projects?

5a50c174a0d5b_originalvsdc.png.d014058f7c2b9723d50c7f5bc9a24346.png

Discovery and Travel will more or less function the same way as they do in the Original. 

Activation Costs
When it comes to the Original you have access to a small handful of costs that you can configure. Though I intend on completely overhauling the system to be more challenging and organic for the Director's Cut. 

More Locations
With the Original every location you can travel to can be found inside of the following categories: Hold Capitals, Towns, Settlements, Orc Strongholds, and Unique Locations.  However in the Director's Cut, I limited it down to only Hold Capitals and Unique Locations. 

Configuration
In the Original, you have the option to be able to configure whether or not shrines will cost anything and unlocking access to almost all locations. You can configure these settings a through a system of Message Boxes or with a Mod Configuration Menu. I have removed it entirely from the Director's Cut. 

Compatibility

Not compatible with the Original or any of the patches for it.

No Support for Legendary Edition

Unfortunately, I no longer play LE other than to develop and test things. I only ever actually play SSE nowadays. Please understand the Director's Cut is more or less my own personal preferences taking precedence, which extends to what copy of Skyrim I add support for. That being said, the Original will always be available on LE. 

After a bit more consideration last night, I decided I am going to redo this project from the ground up, rather than modifying Wayshrines of Old. I am not exactly all that satisfied with Wayshrines of Old and I would prefer to start fresh over cutting bits and pieces out of something I am not satisfied with.